For healthy back- indulge yourself in a 10-minute exercise
The back your body’s support system made up of more than 30 bones and hundreds of nerves, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Which means it’s also vulnerable to problems. The small portion of back pain problems are serious and otherwise, other are simple lower back pain.
Some stretches and strengthening exercises are good for a healthy back that can easily be done at home without any equipment. A little daily back attention at home, or at work can keep you away from such back pain problems.
To perform these exercises you need enough space to settle down in, an exercise mat and other things which help you to perform the exercise in a better way.
1. Low Back Loosener: Lie down on your back with right leg straight. Holding your left knee toward chest with hands on the back of the thigh. Hold the same position for ten seconds. Repeat the same on another side.
2. Hip Stretch: Lie down on your back with right leg straight out on the floor. Bend left leg up toward chest. Grasp left knee with both hands and pull the leg up and across body toward the right shoulder. Feel stretch on outside of the left hip. Hold for ten seconds. Repeat on another side.
3. Body Lengthener: Lie down on stomach with hands under shoulders, and elbows bent. Push up to slowly raise shoulder/ chest straightening arms as much as possible while keeping hips in contact with the mat. Hold for ten seconds and repeat the exercise.
4. Thigh Untightener: Placed a rolled-up towel; under your lower back, place cord or belt around the heel of the right leg and slowly lift straight leg until you feel stretch in the back of the thigh. Hold the same posture for ten seconds and later repeat the exercise.
5. Lower back strengthening: Lie down on back with heels close to the buttock, lift it and lower back off the floor until thighs and back are in a straight line.
6. Back Strengthener: Lie face-down, arms along sides. Exhale and slowly lift shoulders and chest off the mat. Hold for max. 10 seconds.
Performing these exercises is very important for your back muscles to stay active and flexible overall. Apart from these exercises, you can also perform another exercise to stay healthy and fit.