AIDS also known as Human Immunodeficiency Virus & Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.
It is an infection caused by HIV which directly affects the body’s potential to fight the various virus, infections.
A person might not see any symptoms during the initial days as this virus affects the body very slowly, & as the wheel of time keeps on going it directly affects the immune system of the body & slowly a person might feel the inability to face diseases.
In the starting, a person might have tuberculosis & various other infections mainly Opportunistic infections which occur very frequently in people having a weak immune system.
If treatment is not done a person might have weight loss, fever, large lymph nodes & at this stage this Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) gets converted to Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
Let’s clear one thing here HIV is a curable disease. When identified in the starting and under proper medication it can be cured, but if this virus gets converted into AIDS which is the last stage, it can’t be treated.
We shall now discuss the various symptoms of this disease & if any person faces these issues, consult to the doctor immediately before it gets worse.
• Sores of the genitals, mouth.
• Neurological disorders like Depression, memory loss.
• Flu-like illness
• Pain in the abdomen
• Problem in swallowing
• Night Sweats
• White tongue
• Swollen lymph nodes
However all these symptoms can be of other disease also but if anyone finds the above symptoms, you really need to go for a checkup.
For the test, only your blood sample will be required also it won’t cost you much.
How can we prevent this disease?
The most important thing to be considered is how to prevent this disease from infecting someone. Below are some points that you should definitely remember in your lifetime.
• HIV mainly spreads from vagina fluids, semen, blood, & breast milk.
• A person should always use Condom while having vaginal sex or anal sex.
• Never share needles for drugs, piercing or tattoos.
• If you are HIV positive, make sure that your partner is also tested for HIV.
• There is a pill named Prep, which can be taken on daily basis to lower the risk of obtaining this HIV, only use this after consulting with a doctor.
• Start the treatment as soon as this virus is identified, if it got converted into AIDS over a period then it becomes noncurable.
So above were the points one must always remember in order to keep themselves & the people around them safe from this virus.