Hair fall is a big cause of concern for many people. Receding hair line or reduced amount of hair in the scalp is a noticeable change in your appearance. You might be affected by these scalp conditions which are leading to increased hair fall. Consult a hair fall doctor in Jaipur to diagnose your scalp for any of these 5 scalp conditions:
1. Dandruff – Falling white flakes of dead skin, Itchiness and redness of the scalp can be the symptoms of dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis). This condition occurs in the oil rich areas of the scalp and face. Dandruff can be worse in winter or due to increased stress. Improper hygiene and irregular shampooing can also cause dandruff. If left unattended it can lead to hair fall and scalp infection.
2. Head lice – Head lice are tiny insects that infect the scalp, neck and behind the ears. Head lice feed on human blood. It is a contagious infection that affects children the most. Head lice can cause intense scalp itching and scabs. Constant scratching to relieve the itch can lead to hair fall.
3. Folliculitis – Inflamation of one or more hair follicles which causes irritation and pus filled pustules centered on the hair follicle is termed as folliculitis. It can be caused to irritation from shaving or rashes due to tight clothing. It may also be a symptom of various diseases like diabetes, obesity or any underlying skin condition.
4. Alopecia (hair loss due to dysfunction of the immune system) – Loss of hair in small patches from the scalp due to dysfunction of the immune system is termed as Alopecia. Hair fall can be due to genetic or environmental factors. Alopecia is mostly associated with the thyroid gland and can occur to people of any age group.
Alopecia (Female pattern baldness) – Thinning of hair from the crown and front scalp while the hairline is preserved is known as female pattern baldness alopecia. It is a condition that is most common in woman after menopause. Alopecia in females is caused due to aging, family history or hormonal changes.
Alopecia (Male pattern baldness) – Hair loss from the front scalp and crown, receding hairline are the symptoms of male pattern baldness alopecia. It is caused due to stress and some genetic conditions.
5. Scalp ringworm – It is a fungal infection that causes a ring type round patch on the scalp. The skin gets red and itchy and pus-filled pustules are also formed. It is contagious and people from any age group can be affected by it. There is no involvement of any worms. It is named after the appearance pattern of hair loss.
In some social circles perfect hairline is now considered a requisite to feel smart and confident. Hair fall can lead to loss in confidence and an undesirable appearance. Many of the above mentioned conditions can lead to full hair fall and complete baldness if left untreated. It is advised to consult a dermatologist in Jaipur to get treated immediately.